The admission criteria for ExplorationsPHP uses the following guidelines:
- The patient must be between the ages of 11 and 18;
- The adolescent must have one or more diagnoses of ADD, ADHD, PTSD, mood or anxiety disorder and/or conduct disorder, or other diagnosis that meets either the ICD-9 diagnosis codes or DSM-IV-TR diagnostic criteria;
- The adolescent must have at least one adult family member or guardian who is willing to participate in treatment on a minimum basis, although regular and ongoing participation is recommended and encouraged;
- The adolescent must be at risk for alternative out of school and/or residential placement;
- It must be determined that the adolescent would benefit from placement in the partial hospital program;
- Patients must live in, and have a legal address in Montgomery County. Adolescents who live in outside of Montgomery County will be admitted on a case by case basis.