The Lead Clinician provides direct treatment focusing on assisting clients to learn to respond to their daily environment in a productive manner.
1. Develop, execute and evaluate individualized treatment plans for clients in conjunction with the treatment team. Treatment plans must be written within 5 days of the client’s start date.
2. Develop appropriate behavioral and therapeutic interventions
3. Daily progress notes (DAP notes) for individual therapy and family therapy.
4. Develop, organize and conduct individual therapy activities at least three times weekly during the school year and two times weekly during the summer
5. Conduct family therapy weekly.
6. Collaborate with school district and outside mental health agencies on an ongoing basis
7. Direct activities implemented by mental health worker
8. Preview, select, utilize, and evaluate treatment materials appropriate for use in conjunction with educational activities.
9. Responsible for the discharge of students including completion of all required paperwork
10. Set up treatment plan meetings every 3-4 weeks and document status of treatment plan and progress on goals.
11. Responsible for attendance recording for billing purposes.
12. Contribute to development and maintenance of an environment that is non-threatening, safe, nurturing, and where students feel respected, accepted and welcome
13. Liaison with community agencies and resources
14. Implement Non-violent Crisis Intervention strategies
15. Oversee quality assurance and ensure that notes are completed on a weekly basis
16. Conduct intake assessments and paperwork as needed
17. Schedule and conduct authorizations with Magellan for each client to ensure payment
18. Complete the weekly billing log and submit it to the Director of Treatment
19. Oversee the program when the Director of Treatment is not available
20. Purchase items at Giant for ExplorationsPHP
21. Oversee ordering of supplies and develop supply list
22. Assist in running weekly staff meetings by developing an agenda and running the meetings when the Director of Treatment is not available
23. Assist with admitting clients to an acute inpatient facility when in crisis and pre-certify the client for a higher level of care through the insurance company
24. Assume additional duties as assigned by the Director of Treatment
A. Master’s Degree in recognized related Mental Health clinical discipline.
B. Licensed Professional Counselor or Licensed Social Worker or Licensed Clinical Social Worker preferred
C. Minimum of one year experience in Mental Health field or related organization.
D. Minimum of two years working with children and youth who exhibit emotional disturbance.
E. Ability to work as a member of a team. Must be courteous and able to deal effectively with people, cooperative, congenial, and self-oriented.
F. Ability to work in an environment with frequent interruptions.
G. Excellent communication skills and organizational skills.
H. Ability to problem solve and use technology to work effectively.
I. Original certificates of clearance from the State Police, Child Abuse Registry, and PDE FBI
Schedule: 12-month, 231 days/year
Salary: $46,000 – $50,000
Please send resume and letter of interest to:
C/O Brittany Lourea-Waddell
930 Jefferson Avenue
Eagleville, PA 19403
or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Successful candidates must provide Act 34, Act 114 & Act 151 clearances upon hire.